Friday, March 12, 2021

Lock N Load Tactical, Heroes in Defiance: Phony War.

 Played this one with Mark today.  I've not played LnLT in over a year and I forgot how much fun it can be.  A lot of ASL style tactical combat and tense decisions without the rules overhead - though it still has a good bit of rules.

The start of the game.  The Germans get points for controlling the circled building and for there being no French adjacent to it.  The French gets points for eliminating German squads.  The LOS is limited to 3 hexes,  starting turn 2 it can go up by one hex a turn by rolling a dr less than or equal to the turn number.  I would end up increasing it every turn.





First Blood to the French!  Moving in the open is never a good idea but I wanted to spread out the targets as much as possible.

End of turn 1.  The French reinforcements come on in the German rear and I leave a small rearguard to slow them down.

LOS went to four hexes in turn 2 and the French make a blunder.  Two squads and a leader move into range as a stack and are all shaken.  The next two activations by the Germans would see them Taken by Lt. Wurtz and a squad.

End of turn 2.  The French melee a broken "cover" squad (to the left) and go into Melee with another - that one ends up with no losses this turn.  The Germans enter the VP building and take out a shaken French squad.  An event marker sends in the French units just outside the building.

End of turn 3.  

End of turn 4.  The Germans get initiative (I think) and the leader in the building activates the locations around him.  Shaking the French upstairs and adjacent. A German hero then mops up with his Running Killer skill.  The French reinforcements are quickly shaken as well.

With that we also call the game.  The remining French units in the VP building are shown here, surrounded by Germans (who got the first impulse again) and would be shot at from 3 different spaces with a -1, +2, and even differential on the shots.  If any one of them shakes the hex another squad would move in to take them.

I'm sure my luck (when I needed it most) with the dice helped and I do like being able to figure out rules quickly and continue on with game play.  If only there were as many LnL players as there were ASL players (and scenarios!).  Looking forward to playing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment