Got in a game of Festung Budapest finally. I've had this one for years and Tycho and I were both looking for a meaty campaign but I have the attention span of a... (so I needed one with five or fewer campaign dates). FB's first campaign is close to that (6 or 7?) so we went with that. A big city fight with lots of late war heavy metal. Just the thing. First we needed a lesson in the terrain and even after playing I'm not sure about it. EMRR is inherent but the LOS examples do not seem to match it being inherent... Well it didn't matter too much in the end anyway.
![]() |
| Obligatory First Blood! shot. Axis MTR gets a crit on a SU76. |
![]() |
| End of turn 1. Another SU76 is Immobilized by the MTR and another SU76 is Pinned by a little sniper (it would soon be recalled too). |
![]() |
| End of turn 3. The Russians make good progress to the North (left side) but do poorly in the south. Getting across the EMRR is not going to happen. |
The scenario is an interesting one, there are so many options it is not possible to setup a perfect defense. The Ammo Shortage rules had the Axis forces withering away just from shooting (these are unique for this campaign). In a few weeks we will be starting up Campaign 1 which has slightly different entering locations (A35 is an entry hex while still being in the Axis setup area) and the first campaign date VC are much simpler.






No comments:
Post a Comment