Tycho and I finished up our Beyond the Beachhead game today. We played out a half turn of it by email (was planning on more but life and rules lookups got in the way).
 |
Last report left off with the German turn 2 done. We finished the UK turn 2 and then I rolled for wind and got snakes followed by a 5 (or whatever causes the wind to increase). This had the effect of getting rid of all the smoke. I was shaking with that one, at least I had a turn to scatter my troops so they did not all get nailed by arty. Tycho then managed to draw two red chits. The Germans were off to the races to boot. One Sherman (top right ) backed up one hex and was hit and turned into a burning wreck by the Stug on the road (lucky shot with the CE being just enough to make a hit). Another Sherman bogged backing up from the PZIV (middle) and his fire was ineffective. At this point the game was called.
|
Probably a good scenario but the luck at the worst times struck the UK player combined with some bad placement. If the UK arty had come down when the smoke cleared the Germans would not have had a clear shot to the VP buildings but also by that time the UK troops were mostly broken or out of position. I would play this one again sometime but with so many scenarios...
No comments:
Post a Comment