Friday, November 23, 2018

Holland 44

Lawrence and I played this one on Black Friday - much better then going to stores!  We did manage to mess up just about every rule however.  Movement rates for infantry on roads, combat column shifts for low morale units, infiltration.  Just a mess.  Fun game however and a lot better use of time then It Never Snows.

The game at start.  XXX Corps Area.

Arnhem and Nijmegan area.
End of Allied turn 1

XXX Corps gets off to a bad start rolling a 1 for an A1/D1.  This will slow up the advance for turns to come, it was the only result that could have caused a step loss on xxx corps and does not allow a follow up attack.  101st goes running around faster then they should due to messing up road movement rate rules.  Gerry would get revenge later by getting units to Eindhoven the same way.

The Red Devils I did not goof up the movement rate, I don't know why I remembered it there but not in the south.  Arnhem is close...  82nd I forgot again, units flying across the map to check for bridges and to attack Nijmegan.
End of German turn 1.  No comments here, kinda lost my mojo after figuring out everything done wrong on this one...

XXX Corps area.

Arnhem sector.
Allied turn 2

XXX Corps 
Arnhem


German turn 2

XXX Corps

Arnhem
Allied Turn 3

Just going to say - STILL not in Eindhoven.  XXX Corps zone.

Arnhem.

German turn 3

XXX Corps

Arnhem

1 comment:

  1. Mark simonitch games are like that, lots of chrome and easy to miss and forget them.

    ReplyDelete