![]() |
| Fall 1864 and the USA elections are coming up! A chance to enlighten the Northern voters of their oppression of the south! |
![]() |
| Robert E Lee and the army of Norther Virginia break away from contact with the Army of the Potomac and make a mad dash for points North chased by the AOP all the way! |
![]() |
| In the West Sherman attacks Chattanooga. (could not find a GIF of Federal troops) |
![]() |
| I conceded before any activation was done in the far west. |
This is a LONG grueling game for the south. As a player you better have fun running away and making feints since that is the majority of the southern strategy - and I still came up short at the end. The CSA was 3 to 10 points ahead on the VP chart till the last two turns and then the Union forces cracked Chattanooga. After that Atlanta will be attacked and VP smorgasbord awaits the union player. Lawrence correctly pointed out that I could use cavalry to cut supply even after the Atlanta debacle but I think that would only delay the inevitable at that point. If Atlanta had held for the one battle Sherman's forces would be demoralized and a follow up attack would take time - and face a +8 DR for the South since the fort would have been upgraded.
An excellent game, but as I have said it is grueling. The north is constantly worrying about supply and trying to catch RE Lee (and any other defense level 2 general with cavalry). The south is constantly trying to threaten the north by maneuver, to cut supply with cavalry, and to force the union to garrison ground that they take in order to slow them down.










No comments:
Post a Comment