Quick recap of the game Tycho and I played yesterday on VASL. I asked to play a Beefy scenario after our last couple which were smaller outings - ping pong back and forth I do...
 |
| Situation at the start of the game. In order to win the Russians have to control all the stone buildings to the south of Row S on the top board (all stone buildings to the left of the middle of the board including the big factory with all the German concealment markers on it). By SSR any kind of gun can setup in a factory. |
 |
| Highlights from turn 1 and the early game. To the far left I had a gun with the Stielgranate thingy fire at the tank and promptly run out of ammo. Fires twice more and I roll a 3TH, so close... That would be the extent of my good luck, my defenders marked with stars in the factory try to blast approaching russians and lay down fire lanes, they manage to cower and not do anything. The final star at the bottom is Russians running through a dummy stack. At the bottom right is a 9-2 leader, HMG, and crew. A massive hole is blasted in my defenses and I am convinced I am going to lose this one. Even more so when the other HMG I have (top middle of map next to the 88) breaks on the second shot and thus another FL is toast. |
 |
| In mid game the luck swings back my way, we both agree it was more or less even by end of game. Highlights are a couple of CCs - one was in the factory to the left where the carnage started, one of my MMG toting squads got an ambush and declared HTH (allowed in this scenario) and killed his attacker. Another CC (listed above went my way) but the one where I have a 9-2 leader and a crew ended up an ambush on them (granted the russians had a ? but still). The FT tank (bottom middle of map) roasted one squad outright then went round to take out another one, K/4 and the resulting MC causes HOB which creates a HERO and battle hardens the HS. Up near the top of the map my remaining troops manage to hold off the Russians just long enough - through the use of an MMG firelane and the 88s (one of which is shown destroying a tank to the left and the other one taking out a tank on the right). With 2 movement phases left to go we called it in favor of the defending Germans. (and that is ran to the roof, not rain, but with an FT tank around some rain would be good) |
So far all the BFP scenarios have been fun, not all balanced but fun. This one requires the Russians to MOVE. The Russians in our game did a little farting around and that cost them the game. I was sure I was going to get crushed after the first two turn debacle of bad dice and lousy setup on my part, taking all of those stone locations is a tall order though.
No comments:
Post a Comment