Saturday, June 10, 2023

BP-03: Prussian Panic (ASL) session 2

 Continuing on with the Prussian Panic scenario.  Things have gotten interesting.


I move my only T34 with functional MA and the 67LL HT to engage a JagdPanzer and a PZIV.  Bad idea.

With an overabundance of luck my Russians come out on top.  The T34 was "only" shocked (and so were we when we looked at the TK numbers of the 75L versus the T34 armor and saw it was a better then even chance a hit would have no effect).  It was finished off by a faust.  The HT was missed entirely.  In return fire I went for Deliberate Immob till I found it had very little chance (a crit) so I switched to APCR and then we were shocked again at how high the chance of hurting the beast was - one shot one kill).  The HT then fired at the PZIV and Immobilized it, later the crew of the PZIV Intensive fired back and ruined their gun.  The HT switched to firing on the adjacent Germans with their faust and managed to DM them.
Darn lucky dice!  Now I can't whine about them and have to play on.  (really, that bonehead move should have cost me the game right there).

The situation at the end of Russian turn 6.  Two turns left to go.  The PZIV is in CC with a leader and 628 squad and the Germans are down to a couple of stacks.  The Russians have more troops but we will see how the engagement down at the bottom edge goes.





No comments:

Post a Comment