Saturday, August 14, 2021

ASL, Lone Canuck, To Battle By Air Scenario 6. Flames on the Borders.

 Played this one with Tycho.  Got whipped.  Could have been worse, the Tropical Storm that was off the coast could have hit this area...





The setup.  The Germans had 5 turns to get 15+ CVP off the far edge.  FT tanks are nice but they are slow and red MPs.  At least FTs can be deadly in motion.



End of German turn 4 and I conceeded.  The Piat at the top of the board broke when firing the first time so I did not fire on it and took out a nearby squad instead.  Of course the thing was repaired and smoked my in motion FT tank.  Not a good start.  WORSE is the trail of the pesky 8-1 leader I show.  He managed to stay concealed when jumped by CC, manage to survive the CC, broke when leaving the CC hex, routed, self rallied first chance, broken again leading a squad, routed to the wood building, rallied right away (I think), survived a 30 flat FT attack, picked up the PIAT the DM HS in his hex was carrying and picked off the other FT tank.  I tried a few more IFT shots to try and clear the last enemy defenses but they all came up bad and I conceded the game.  


I probably should have kept some guys on the tanks and did an end run off the map using the other squads to pin down the defenders.  At any rate I played poorly and Tycho played well.  A fun scenario that we manage to play in 90 minutes (not including setup time).

No comments:

Post a Comment