![]() |
| The setup once again. Circled buildings are worth 1VP if the Brits control them at the end while the Germans get exit VP for good order non-crew MMC south of the river - everyone starts north of it. |
![]() |
| End of the UK turn 1. There was not much shooting and what there was we No Effect. |
![]() |
| The Brit 8-1 stack with MMG opens up and breaks a concealed squad and pins the other concealed squad. Not a good start! |
![]() |
| The 8-1 and MMG fireagain and DM my leader and HMG squad. NOT looking good! |
![]() |
| End of Brit turn 2. The German defense has nearly collapsed. |
![]() |
| German turn 2 and the 447 rolls snakes on an 8+3 shot, so it becomes a 4+3 and an MC! Brit rolls snakes and creates a hero! Looks like it is going to be a short and painful game. |
![]() |
| Continuing on something finally goes my way! The small AA gun opens up and breaks a squad in the street and pins another in the building. At this point I take what I can get... |
![]() |
| End of UK turn 3. The hero created earlier jumped into CC with a squad, probably not a good idea but the hero managed to CR the squad before dying. |
![]() |
| DOUBLE AAUGH!!! |
A fun scenario. For the defender it is a choice of when and how much to send south of the river, it is nearly impossible to hold all the buildings so sending someone is a requirement, I was very lucky all of my broken reinforcements rallied in time for me to race them all south of the bridge. I was going to go with whatever was available in any case. I was positive I had lost it when I didn't properly cover my troops crossing the bridge. Then my opponent made the mistake of getting into Faust range instead of hanging back and BFFing the Germans. A 2 FP shot with the MGs might have broken some of the front guys and left the second guys to run through an acquisition to reach the south of the river (and another MG shot at full strength). He had tank riders too, a turn of the turret could get them off the tank and if they passed the MC perhaps had fired as well. Of course that is not something I would think of in the game.



















Great AAR.
ReplyDelete