Saturday, July 8, 2017

Hail Caesar at SJCW

Played Hail Caesar at SJCW (South Jersey Confederation of Wargamers) on July 8th.  Amazingly the traffic was not bad, my dice rolls were another matter.  Atrocious is a good description.  Despite my exceeding amount of whining I had fun (thanks Bill!) and decided to pick up the rules.  Along with Bolt Action and Black Powder I might be turning into a Warlord boy...
The start of the battle (or when Jordan and I arrived, I thought the game started at 1pm).  Yup, that is my son Jordan at the top right.  He actually wanted to play a game without tanks!  The battle is Germans vs Romans, or more likely Roman allied Germans vs Germans not allied with Rome.

Pictures appear to be out of sequence.  This is later in the game when my first line was crushed by two morale rolls of 2,1 in a row, leaving the fellow off to my left to hold the line (I forget his name, sorry - I'm TERRIBLE with names).  Run Away, Run Away!


There is my line, up on the hill (second from the top of picture).  Now you see now you don't...

Romans beating up on Germans.

I'll quit pretending I remember anything exact about these and just post the pictures.  Bill's miniatures are lovely and the Cigar Box Battle Mat (I think it is CBB) is very nice.








No comments:

Post a Comment