I'm really behind on my replays... Played this game on September 25th and it was short and ugly. I thought I would try and fly past the defenders while staying on the map, getting hits with Shreks in buildings at moving targets with limited LOS is hard right? And if they do hit that should mean bad things for the firing unit right?
 |
| First the setup. Russians come in on the right and the Fascist invaders are all HIP per SSR. I had the option to go off the map edge and roll to come back on later but did not take that. |
 |
| First Movement phase and the Germans take a Faust shot... |
and the result is a burning tank - squad DM'd itself so that is good...
 |
The next tank in line tries going the Northern route, makes it by the AT gun and then another Faust shot - this time from the leader counter after the squad missed their roll. All I got for that was a PIN...
|
 |
| Yeah, I'm a whiner today... |
 |
| End of first Russian Turn. Later on I would actually READ up on removing roadblocks, a leader and 3 squads would most likely have cleared it in one turn. |
 |
German turn and another tank bites the dust... Tanks are all blobbed into the W9, X7, and X8 hexes. |
 |
| End of German turn 1. |
 |
| And the end of the game. One of those tanks croaked but we did not flip it over. |
Short and sweet, I tried to push my tanks through to quickly and paid the price, my opponent was learning so I thought I would try a tank rush - and it did not work out as expected. Fun, quick, and well played by Jay.
No comments:
Post a Comment