Saturday, June 12, 2021

ASL scenario Yankee ASL 007: Making a Break for it

 Taking a break from Festung Budapest (really didn't have time to finish purchases and setup) Tycho and I played this ASL scenario.  


The UK has 6 turns to get 15 CVP (UK MMCs only count).  That is not a lot of time to get that much CVP across the board.  ? counters removed, everyone was concealed at start.

End of turn 1 and the UK is making good time.  The +1 low vision DRM at all ranges helps a lot.

Turn 6 - the guys in the road were just shot at by the 447 beneath the DM guy and they rolled snakes - that is when I conceeded (and whined).  Tycho says this one is tough on the UK and I agree but it is pretty close.  The UK really needs to MOVE and take major risks to get off the edge in 6 turns.  Purposely moving adjacent with a normal move multiple times type risk.

Whine mode off (for now).  On the 26th it is back to Budapest.

1 comment:

  1. Played this one solo 3 years ago as part of my annual MG solo binge I do every September. Did same thing as Brits,push thru woods and head for the edge. Love your blog as you play many of same games I do.

    ReplyDelete