Saturday, June 6, 2020

ASL Action Pack 104: Linkup

Tycho and I continued our ongoing 29Let's Go! Action Pack games with the 4th scenario in the pack.  We are going to play through all of the scenarios in the pack keeping sides the same throughout. 

The scenario at start.  The US has 7 turns to get 10 exit VP off the bottom edge on or adjacent to a road.  There can also not be a German MMC in any building hex in the outlined area AND a 24 CVP cap.
And the first MC of the game creates a berserk conscript...

End of first turn prep.  Things did not go as well as the US wanted them to go.  A conscript is unharmed in the middle building (regular squad with LMG on first floor broke).

Start of US rout phase.  The WPd in 426 manage to break a US squad in the stream adjacent.  The dice are rolling LOW.  US fire at the conscript at the bottom left only pins him.

End of US rout phase.  The German HS (K result from earlier attack) is killed by OBA.  The other squad failed an MC while routing and becomes a HS.
End of German turn 1 prep.  Most of the shots do diddly but the Conscript off to the left DMs a US 666 squad that went adjacent.  Those guys deserve medals.

Start of German Rout phase.  The Zerkers charge and are instantly vaporized by Snakes from the OBA.  I was very bummed.  The two Conscript squads directly in the front line manage to pass every MC they are forced to make but the one in the building is pinned.
The end of US Turn 3 and the game.  The Germans broke an MG and the Conscripts both failed their MCs this turn but holding on for 3 turns totally screwed the US time table.  In four turns they still had to get 10cp off the bottom edge of the board (only personnel, ACs count and at least one leader had to be in the mix) and they had to clear out the remaining Germans so they could not get into the buildings  I had my two guns near the bottom building to allow them to help defend or pull a sleazy building bum rush.  Woohoo!  I won I won I won!  (after 3 shellacking I'll crow a little - and I do mean SHELLACKINGS!)

In two weeks we play scenarios 105 and 106.  The first one is very small and likely to be decided on the first Prep Fire phase.  The second one is a smallish one so it looks like we can get both of them done in a day.





No comments:

Post a Comment