Saturday, November 23, 2019

ASL Scenario Into the Rubble 18 "Capital of the Ruins"

A fun scenario.  I would play it again - as the Germans...

The Setup.  The US has to capture all the circled buildings in 7 turns.  By Bounding Fire Productions (BFP) rules a number of the buildings have a third story.


End of US turn 1.  Things are going pretty well so far...
End of game (turn 6).  I called it after this turn.  A number of mistakes on my part and some bad dice (see below) did me in.  Besides that IFT being in the red I rolled the German sniper (5) about 10 billion times!  (no exaggeration!).  The German 88 in Q12 was a ballbuster too.  It got rate and scored hits almost every time.  Knocking out multiple groups.  My tanks managed to disable of malf a weapon a piece - with the M10 in W11 winning the prize.  Bogged, MA Disabled, and MG disabled.  Managed to unbog for the recall though!  UP in R7 a 1mp ESB breakdown roll results in a breakdown...
Even with all that another turn might have been enough.  Played better I think the US has a good chance at this one but perhaps the 3 story buildings would make it tougher to root out the Germans then can be done.

And the Dice Rolls...  When I did roll a 5 it always seemed to be when firing 4fp shots at units in stone buildings (well, all the Germans were in Stone buildings the entire game except the gun and I didn't roll low when firing at that, oh no!, so...)
Another happy day of ASL!
Next up is our third playing of Purple Heart Draw.  The first two ended up as blowouts for each side so this is the drawbreaker.


No comments:

Post a Comment