Some Pics from Fall-In 2017. My son and I went there on Friday since he had to work early on Saturday. He got in a game of Fireball Forward while I browsed, took picture, and picked up a couple of items at the dealer hall.
First up, the line was really short for registration, perhaps since it was only Friday or perhaps the Internet was working properly. I had a will call badge and as expected it went quickly - since my son was not sure till the last minute he could go he had to go through the registration line BUT there was nobody else in front of him. So that was a very nice surprise.
 |
| The entrance to the Host, thought it looked nice with the tree changing colors. Temperature was low seventies. |
 |
| Another shot of the host with the sun coming up, also shows some of the construction. |
 |
| This is heading back to the dealer hall. |
 |
| The old way to get to the dealer hall - instead we had to walk around the left and way out to the back... |
 |
| Hey! Some games. This is from the HAWKS room - good job once again from the HAWKS. |
 |
| Another shot of the HAWKS room. |
 |
| I always love seeing this board, excellent stuff. |
 |
| Another game in the HAWKS room. |
 |
| Time to meander over to the Distelfink (?). |
 |
| I think this one is at each convention as well - also excellent! |
 |
| Don't remember what this one was, nice work though! |
 |
| LOOK at those lovely new tables! Sturdy and all the same height. |
 |
| Can't remember where this was. |
 |
| Another can't remember, nice work however. |
 |
| The area across from the entrance. |
 |
| Lovely setup. |
 |
| Main floor, another table. |
 |
| This was off to the right from the main entrance - I don't remember going back here before, lovely desert battle. |
 |
| More of that Desert table. (actually had to look up desert to make sure it was not dessert) |
 |
| A fantasy sky galleons game. Fantasy is not my thing but this is GREAT work so I had to take lots of pics. |
 |
| I think these are all scratch built (let me know if I am wrong) but either way it looks like great fun. |
 |
| More Sky Galleons. |
 |
| And more... |
 |
| One last one. |
 |
| I am a Lardy and they had a couple tables setup at the foot of the Wally's basement and tournament area. |
 |
| More Lard - Chain of Command table here. |
 |
| Flames of War, not my game but the model work here is excellent. |
 |
| More Flames of War Team Yankee - may get me back into 15mm from 6mm. Space is at a premium at home however. |
 |
| Yet more Team Yankee models. |
 |
| Back to the LARD! |
 |
| Picture of a trench from the Lard table - planning on using this for an online top down game someday. |
 |
| In case you haven't guessed this is the TFL sign... |
 |
| The IABSM (I Ain't Been Shot Mum) table for the TFL area. |
 |
| The long walk to the Dealer Hall. |
 |
| More of the long walk - exercise! It burns! (The walk back UP the slope was the killer) |
 |
| The walk was well worth it, the Dealer Hall area is not complete yet but when it is it should be VERY nice. Natural light, I think that is bad for gamers... |
 |
| 3mm Picoarmor. The detail is stunning on these. I'm sticking to 6mm for now but this range is really growing in terms of what is available and I could see them as platoon stands for FFoT, Modern Spearhead, or Command Decision. |
 |
| All that I purchased at Fall In. Had the urge to buy much more bet kept it to just these for now. Historicon will most likely be a different story. |
Great post. Thnaks for posting pictures for the people who couldn't attended.
ReplyDelete