Saturday, November 5, 2016

J148: Last Minute War

Played this scenario with Tycho on November 5th,  Just a quick couple of notes on a QUICK game...

The situation, the Slovakian army enters from the bottom of the map.  In 6 turns they must clear all Hungarians out of the area between the two lines OR take 11 of the buildings within 3 hexes of P5.  Slovaks come in from off board.  My Slovaks enter the map bunched together to make use of cover and leadership and...
Hungarian Artillery falls upon them with deadly accuracy and effect.

Hungarian machine guns mow them down...
Situation at end of Slovak turn 1.  It is getting ugly fast.  A 70mm harassing barrage put a hurting on those green troops - who promptly disrupted.
And the end of turn 3 where I conceded.  Three turns left to take all the buildings are clean out the Hungarians, just wasn't going to happen. I should not have bunched up but without the leaders these guys have 3mp and would take 3 turns just to REACH the top board.  So I'm calling this one an un-balanced dog but since there are a number of Slovak wins in this one I must be missing something...
And thus endeth my tale of woe...

No comments:

Post a Comment