Saturday, May 28, 2016

ASL scanerio DB002 Sochaczew from Dispatches from the Bunker

Played this scenario with Tycho on May 7th and finished it up on May 28th after communications problems forced us to stop playing early.  It is an early war scenario taking place in Poland, the Germans are attempting to get offboard and capture buildings for a total of 100 cvp.  If they take 50 cvp in losses they lose automatically as well.

Start of game.  Germans start to the right of the red line while the Poles start to the left of the blue line.  Hip units in the building to the top left, top middle, and bottom middle.  The German arty spotter is in the bottom area.

During German turn 1 the 37L opens fire and misses twice (firing out of +2 smoke and turning cause that even with a Rate shot)

End of German turn 1 and already he has two Malfed MA, without even trying IF shots too.

Polish Arty would be responsive and accurate throughout the game.

Pour it on boys!
End of Allied turn 1, the Germans manage to Malf another MA.




German half of turn 2.  It starts off with my two MTR crews both being killed.  One of my ATRs gets revenge by killing a tank and then my AT gun goes for an IF shot and...

I roll a 10 breaking it.  Couldn't be I had it placed badly, no...
In the Allied half of turn 2 there is a LOT of shooting...

End of Allied turn 2.
End of German turn 3.  The MG in V8 got a UK on the tank on the road and down south the Arty is continuing to do a fine job.  the 10-2 kill stack (10-2, 2HMG, and 2 457 squad in a fortified stone building) open fire and do squat.

End of Allied turn 3.  The front line building defenses are crumbling and I should withdraw - but don't...
End of German turn 4, his 150mm arty barrage does squat and my cleverly placed 457 fires and does squat!  (It would have been more clever if I had NOT shot with him, he was upstairs and I think the Germans would have gone right on by)

End of Allied turn 4, front line troops are broken or surrendered...
Oh hell, I can't spell and left the caps lock on!  Germans place a smoke barrage and my guy in the building can't see to fire OR run away!  He ends up dead in CC, Germans rolled a 5 for ambush and I grin and roll a 5 too...  My next to last leader and a 457 squad gone in a puff of smoke.

End of German turn 5.

End of Allied turn 5.  The line is holding.  The 10-2 and the HMGs make a strong defense in the north and the Arty is bottling up the south.
The German ATR fires and IFT shot at my 10-2 and HMG stack.
He rolls snakes!  I roll RS and select the leader and a squad, they both suffer a 2-4 shot and Tycho roll a 3 modified down to -1 and both die.  The remaining squad turns into a HS from the two MC checks.  (I later check and find that only 20L ATRs can use ITT)
I tell Tycho I fail my PMC and Tycho gives me a good long distance slap over Skype reminding me that I am most likely going to win based on points.  I deserved it after the bad luck he put up with in regards to his tanks (but thinking back I made an incredible number of sniper checks with a SAN of 5)

After that I start playing smart, falling back whenever possible.  At the start of German turn 8 (last turn) we count up that Tycho is roughly 30 cvp short of victory and would need to catch all the buildings (with two HIP guys in the one) and a bunch of other Polish troops holding the others.  The buildings alone would not be enough and only two tanks could get offboard for exit VP so at this point we called the game. 



4 comments:

  1. The 8-1 could have voluntarily broken itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regardless of LOS if you are adjacent to an enemy unit (doesn't even have to be known) you can break .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, have to be adjacent in capital letters. That requires LOS

      Delete
    2. Nope, have to be adjacent in capital letters. That requires LOS

      Delete