Friday, November 7, 2014

Homemade Bocage

Instead of going to Fall-In today I decided to stay home and do some terrain creation.  Clump Foliage and Bocage being the items on the agenda.

I made the clump foliage using this method shown in a youtube video, messy but it works (make sure the wife does not see you using the blender!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOlssl5C2Pc

Here is my home made clump foliage bag.

DIY Clump Foliage
That was two different batches (done on the same day) with more blank paint added to the one.

Next up is to buy a disposable furnace filter that looks like so.
Furnace Filter

Then cut it into 3/4" (or whatever width you prefer) strips.  Below is an earlier (thicker) attempt that did not look so good.

Basic Filter.
Then take Cammo spray available at walmart and other places.  Mine were the following.
Camo Spray
In Particular I sprayed the light green first and then dark green over top.  Could have gone with the dark green only but I had more of the light.

When that dried get out the old hot glue gun (no hot glue gun!  Blasphemy!)  and hot glue the clump foliage onto the top of the cut up furnace filter.  I finished off 8 feet of bocage this evening before I got tired of burning my fingers...
Completed Bocage
The pic above shows the first two and a half feet of Bocage.  Since the weather is nice tomorrow and Sunday I plan on making more clump foliage and finishing off the rest of strips of furnace filter bocage.

One last bit - for 6mm bocage hot glue the clump foliage onto 1/2 inch wide strips of black foamcore - less work and looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment